Waterford will release an automatic software update on December 5, 2016. See what’s in this release in the list below. If you have any questions, our Support Team is always happy to help!
- New Clever syncing. Clever functionality has been enhanced to decrease the amount of time a sync takes. Some other changes you may notice:
- We have added a “New” indicator on students who have been added to a class via Clever, so teachers can see immediately if a new student has come into their class. This indicator stays with the student for 24 hours before going away.
- Students can now be automatically deleted from Waterford. Students will remain in an archived state for 150 days. If they are reinstated within that time, no data is lost. If they are not reinstated within that time, the student will be hard deleted from the Clever system. If that student returns to the district after a hard delete has occurred, a new record will be created with a new unique ID.
- Teachers will continue to be updated as before; deletion of teachers is still a manual process.
- New WebGL activities. WebGL allows you to play the activities we developed for iPad on the web browser. These activities will replace existing activities in the current sequence, and are improved graphically and instructionally. With this release, we will be piloting this change to just a few districts. A general release will occur soon!
- Note: To play the new activities a computer must be running in 64-bits. See updated system requirements here. Computers that are not running on 64-bits will continue playing the old activities and have the same experience they had before. This process will be automatic.
- Sequence update. Based on school feedback, we removed the Mental Math activities from all of level 1 of Waterford’s math sequence. Students can still access these activities through custom playlists or when they reach levels 2 and 3, but they were found to be too difficult for younger students to remain in the level 1 sequence.
- SmartStart reports. For students who complete and then restart the SmartStart sequence, progress reports will now display each round through SmartStart along with the dates in which each round took place. Teachers are better able to see overall improvements each time the student goes through the sequence.
- Bug Fixes
This release also contains several bug fixes that will improve functionality for activities and reports. Contact support if you have questions or need assistance.