Waterford will release an automatic software update on September 13, 2017. See what’s in this release in the list below. If you have any questions, our Support Team is always happy to help!
“End other session” Link Restored. We heard your feedback and restored the “End other session” link.
When a student tries to launch a session while another student session is already in progress, a “Student Locked” pop-up appears in the program. We recently removed a link in that pop-up that allowed students to end the other session. Based on your feedback, that link has been restored.
- Note: If you do want your “End other session” link removed, just contact Waterford Support. We can now remove the link for individual districts as needed.
Additional Spanish Language Support. In August, we added native language support for Spanish-speaking students in most of the activities in SmartStart and Level 1 of Waterford Early Learning’s reading program. This release adds Spanish audio files to more of those activities.
Students for whom native language support is enabled hear Waterford activities in English first, and then get repeat instruction in Spanish and English.
Administrators can enable native language support in the Waterford Manager.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Click on “English Language Learners.”
- Click the toggle to “on” to enable native language support.
This enables native language support for any student whose primary language is set to Spanish in their student profile. To change a student’s primary language:
- Go to “Students” – “School” – “Class” – “Student”
- In the info tab under the student profile, go to “Primary Language” and select Spanish.
SmartStart PDF Files Available. Several SmartStart teacher materials meant to be in the August release are now available in the Waterford Manager.