To delete a school, all of the classes and students underneath it must first be moved to other schools or deleted.
Once the school has no classes or students, you simply:
- Login to your Waterford Manager administrator account.
- Click on Students and select your district name from the list on the left.
- Select the school from your school list that you would like to delete, and click Delete.
- A popup box will ask you to confirm your action. Click OK to proceed.
Administrators can create classes for any school in the district. Teachers may only create classes if their access level for the school is set to All. Only an administrator can change a teacher’s access level. Learn more about changing access levels here.
- Go to Students.
- In the left menu, select a school.
- Click Create Class.
- Enter the information.
- Click Save or, if you want to continue adding classes, Save and New.
There are three roles in the Waterford Manager: district administrator, school administrator and teacher.
- District administrators have access to the entire account, including all schools, students and staff. Administrators can override student placement in the curriculum and only administrators have access to the Staff tab and Settings.
- School administrators are limited to just the school he or she is assigned. They can add staff, students, classes, assign licenses and perform the same administrative operations as a district administrator—just for one school, rather than a whole district.
- Teachers only see students within a school. They do not have the Staff tab, Settings or the ability to override student placement in the curriculum. Teachers are assigned an Access Level in their user profile. This determines what the teacher sees in the Student and Reports tabs. Teachers must be assigned to a school. Choose the school in the dropdown menu under Access Level. Generally, we recommend that you keep the Class access level to All. This means the teacher will see all classes and students at the school. If you want to limit a teacher to only see students in a specific class or classes, you can select the class in the Access Level dropdown menu. If you assign a teacher to a class, that teacher cannot create new classes.
School year start and end dates are used to simplify reporting for year-to-date reports and dashboards. Those dates are also used to determine whether the student is on track to meet their level goal.
- Highlight the district name
- Click Goals
- Fill in the dates
- Expand each course and enter the days and minutes per week
The district administrator has the option to lock the goals for the district by selecting the Lock Usage Goals box. If goals are not locked, school administrators and teachers can change goals for their respective areas of responsibility.
Note: The school year start and end dates can only be changed at the district level by the district administrator.