Make sure your desktop or laptop meets the system requirements for Waterford Early Learning. If possible, please run the Student Portal in a Google Chrome browser.
Follow these steps to get started with Waterford Early Learning on your iPad.
Set the app walk-up
- In the iTunes App Store, find and install Waterford Early Learning. You must have iPad with iOS 8 installed and at least 1GB RAM.
- Open the Waterford Manager on your computer. In the Students tab, click the green Student App Scan QR Code button for iPad.
This will open a QR code on your screen.
- Return to your iPad and open Waterford Early Learning. A start screen appears the first time you open the app.
- Point your iPad at the QR code on your computer screen. Tap Start. This will open a QR Code scanner.
The QR code will scan automatically, then open the walk-up on your iPad.
The walk-up is set. Now each time you open the app, it will open directly to the walk-up.
To reset the app walk-up, follow these steps.
- Open Settings on the iPad and tap Waterford Early Learning.
- Slide Require QR Scan to the right (green) position.
- Repeat setup instructions.
The navigation bar appears at the bottom of the screen. Buttons only appear as they are needed. Each button has descriptive roll-over audio. Click the image below to enlarge.
Navigation Button Descriptions
- (A) Student’s Name
- (B) Return to Menu: End current activity and return to previous menu (only available in play and practice)
- (C) Movie: View the Traditional Tale like a movie
- (D) Repeat: Hear the last instruction again
- (E) Play Again: Reply the last activity
- (F) Back: Go back one page
- (G) Read: Text on the screen is read out loud
- (H) Go On: Go to the next activity
After a period of inactivity, activities eventually time out. During time out, the Student Portal displays the message “Please ask your teacher for help.”
- After 20 seconds, the activity repeats the instructions.
- After 40 seconds, the activity repeats the instructions again and highlights clickable areas.
- After 60 seconds, the Student App displays the message “Please ask your teacher for help.”
- After 2 minutes of inactivity, the session ends and the Student Portal returns to the class or school screen.
To create a browser bookmark
- Open a browser window in Google Chrome.
- Go to Students.
- Select a school or class.
- Click the Student App icon.
The Student App opens in a new tab.
- Click the star in the address bar.
To launch the Student Portal, students will open Google Chrome and select their school or class.