Introduction to Curriculet
Curriculet is an independent reading platform for grades 3–12 that can be used with an e-reader, print book, or audiobook. As students read or listen to the text, they follow along with a curriculet lesson where they receive supplemental support. This support can include videos, definitions, and articles, and encounter interactions such as questions, checkpoint quizzes, and open-ended questions that encourage deeper thinking and comprehension.
Curriculet ties into Waterford’s mission to transition students from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Each curriculet is designed to teach independent reading and critical thinking skills that prepare students for lifelong academic success.
If you'd like a PDF of the Curriculet Help Guide to download or print, click here.
Here's a list of links that contain answers to common questions while using Curriculet for administrators:
- How do I create an account?
- How do I add teachers to my account?
- Can I add other administrators to my account?
- How do I assign licenses?
And here's a list of links that contain answers to common questions while using Curriculet for teachers:
- How can I create a teacher profile?
- How do I upload or enroll students?
- How can I create a class or group?
- How can I add books or curriculets to my library?
- How do I create new curriculets?
- How can I add quizzes, questions, and experiences to a curriculet?
- How do I assign a curriculet?
- How do I edit or copy existing curriculets?
- How do I create independent reading goals?
- How do I view class and student data?
Devices Compatible with Curriculet
In terms of web browsers, Curriculet works best in Google Chrome. The teacher and administrator versions of Curriculet work best on a desktop or laptop, though they can work on any device that supports a browser (including tablets).
The student version of Curriculet works on any browser-enabled device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.