Applying for a Waterford Upstart Program (Families)
You can apply for an upcoming Waterford Upstart program through your account. To do so:
- Log in to your Waterford Upstart account.
You must create a Waterford Upstart account before applying for an upcoming program.
- Select the Apply for Upstart button from the home screen.
- Enter your child’s name, birth date, and zip code.
- Choose Submit. You will then be redirected to the Enrollment tab, where you can view open programs in your area.
- Select Apply for the program you would like to enroll your child in. You will be redirected to the program application form, which has six parts:
- Children Information
- Household Information
- Address Confirmation
- Select Let’s Go! to start filling out the application.
- Enter your child and household information as indicated in the blank boxes. This information will be auto populated from what you include in the first mini-form.
- Review the Waterford Upstart participation commitments, acknowledge the terms and conditions, and sign to indicate your acceptance.
- Add your computer and Internet access status to determine support options available to you.
If you are eligible for computer or Internet access support, you will need to agree to the Waterford equipment commitments before continuing. You will also need to confirm your address for receiving your equipment.
- You will be redirected to a final page where you can view the program start date and a confirmation that you have completed all application steps. Select Submit to finish and send your application.
Once you have submitted your application, you can view its status from the Enrollment tab from the following categories:
- Processing: Application has been received, and information is being checked to ensure it matches the program requirements. It will be processed within about 30 minutes.
- Waiting for Approval: Application has been received, and Waterford is reviewing your eligibility.
- Accepted: Application has been approved for the program. You will be emailed next steps to the email address you included in the form.
- Ineligible: Application has been received, but you are not eligible for this program.
- Waitlisted: Application has been received, but this program is either full or not yet open. Once the program has opened or additional spaces are available, applications will be reviewed again.
- Not Enrolled - Application has not been started
- Continue - Application has been started but needs to be completed and submitted