Setting Up At-Home Lessons in Waterford Reading Academy
If needed, you can allow your students to complete lessons at home by assigning them a username and password. From there, they will be able to access assignments for their course through my.waterford.org.
To set a username and password for a student and allow at-home lessons:
- Visit manager.waterford.org and log in to your account.
- Select Students.
- Select your class.
- Click on the student name that you would like to set up at-home lessons for.
- Select Set Credentials.
- Enter a username and password for your student.The default username will be your student’s unique username ID. You can change their username, but it must be unique across Waterford’s entire user database. Student passwords must be at least four letters and can include a mix of letters and numbers.
- Select Save.
- Send the username and password to the child’s parents as an email or physical copy.
Your student can now use this username and password to access Waterford courses from home after logging in at my.waterford.org.
Note: Student usernames and passwords must be set individually. If you would like to set up student usernames and passwords in bulk, contact Waterford Support at (877) 499-7997 or waterford.org/support for more information.
Your child’s teacher may assign Waterford Reading Academy lessons to complete at home. You will need to access these assignments outside of Waterford Mentor, at my.waterford.org.
To start an at-home session for your child:
- Open Google Chrome and visit my.waterford.org.
- Enter the username and password for your child given to you by your child’s teacher.
- You will be redirected to a homepage with launch buttons for each of your child’s classes (such as SmartStart, Reading or Math & Science). Click on a subject to start a session for your child.
Note: If you are not sure which session to start for your child and how often, stay in touch with your child’s teacher for assignment information.