Understanding the Progress Report as a Teacher or Administrator
As a teacher or administrator in Waterford Reading Academy, you can run the Progress report to see student progress towards their achievement goals, as well as mastery percentage on objectives encountered, placement level, and current level.
You can generate this report in the Classes view. It will display data for all students in the class for the selected time frame.
The fields that are shown for each student in the class are:
- Usage: the student's usage in minutes for the selected time frame
- Days: the number of days in which the student has registered a session of at least 30 seconds in duration
- Starting Level: the level at which the student was placed in the program based on placement activity performance. This will also include a percentage to indicate how far along that student was in that level.
- Current Level: the student's current level within the program as well as a percentage indicating how far along the student is in this level
- Goal Level: the student's end-of-year level goal for the course
- Progress Towards Goal: the student's progress towards their specific end of year goal.
- For example, consider a student who began the program at 0% completion of Basic Reading 1 and whose end-of-year goal is 100% completion of Basic Reading 3. If the student's current progress is 100% complete of Basic Reading 1, their Progress Towards Goal will be shown as 33% because they have completed all of Basic Reading 1, but they still need to complete all of Basic Reading 2 and Basic Reading 3.
- Mastery Percentage: the number of objectives the student has mastered out of all objectives encountered
- For example, if a student has encountered 100 objectives and mastered 75, their Mastery Percentage will display as 75%
- Average Score: the average score of the latest attempts of the objectives in all strands the student has encountered
On the final page of each class, you will see row at the bottom for “Class Average”. This row provides a summarized view of the entire class average for Usage (in minutes), days, progress towards goal, mastery percentage and average score.
Please note that the data on this report is refreshed hourly.