Understanding the Usage Report as a Teacher or Administrator
Generating a Usage Report
To select and view a Usage report in Waterford Reading Academy:
- Log in to Waterford Reading Academy and visit the Reports tab.
- Choose District, Schools, or Classes under view.
- Choose the Curriculum that you would like to view the report for (Early Reading or Early Math & Science).
- Select the district, school, or class that you would like to view within the report.
- Scroll to Usage Report from the list of reports and select Open.
The report will now load in the same window for you to view.
Reading a Usage Report
Teachers or administrators can run the Usage report to display students’ overall usage in Waterford Reading Academy. This report is particularly useful for ensuring that monthly usage goals in the program are being met. It is updated hourly.
Usage reports contain the following information:
- Total Students: number of students currently rostered to the district, school, or class with usage registered in the selected curriculum
- Average Usage Minutes: total usage minutes for all students at the school or district divided by the number of students at the school (unavailable in class report)
- Total Usage Minutes: accumulated time that has been spent in the program by the students at the school.
- Average Minutes Per Month: total usage registered for all students at the school in a given month, divided by the number of students at the school (unavailable in class report)
Administrators can generate this report at the district, school and class levels and it will show a detailed breakdown of student usage. Teachers, however, cannot generate this report at the district level.
Educators viewing the report at a school or district level will see the usage data broken down by both average and total usage. On the class level, educators will see the usage data broken down by total usage only.
Administrators can click a school name within the district report to automatically generate the usage report for a specific school.